Nelson Room After-Hours Use
As of October 2018, the Library allows after-hours use of the Nelson Room, seven days a week.
Guests must generally leave the building by 11 pm, though exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Director. Please note that in accordance with the Town attorney's requirements, the Library reserves the right to cancel reservations during the winter months if the Director has reasonable cause to believe that weather conditions may impede public safety.
Please see the Library's Meeting Room Policy for additional guidelines.
Please note that submission of a request DOES NOT guarantee room booking.
A library staff member will contact you regarding your meeting room request. We try to approve or deny requests with one business day.
Room Booking Instructions
How to use our online room booking system.
Individuals booking spaces are responsible for ensuring that use of the Library's spaces complies with all applicable policies.
The Nelson Room is a multi-use room with a folding partition wall to divide the space into two rooms (Kitchen/ Left and Right). Features include:
- Seating capacity of 75 lecture style (100 with minimal spacing); 160 with no furniture
- Carpeted flooring
- Large windows
- Easy after-hours access to parking lot
- 8 large rectangular tables (6 person, 4’ x 6’)
- 4 smaller rectangular tables (2.5’ x 5’)
- Wireless internet access
- Public address system
- Ceiling-mounted LCD projector & screen (6’ x 8’)
- Dry-erase board
- Adjacent to and with direct access to a small kitchen (see below)
- Access to restroom
- Large counter space
- Electric stove
- Coffee pots and urn
The History Room serves as the Library’s special collections room and is an attractive space for private meetings of 10 or fewer. Features include:
- Seating capacity of 8 (comfortable), 10 (more cozy)
- Large windows
- Comfortable conference chairs
- Conference table (9’ x 3.5’)
- Wireless access